Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mr.Sullivan Presentation

Wow, I never knew how many resources that are available for blind/deaf students. I had never thought that I would get children with specific needs like that. I am very comforted and excited that there are resources available. I learned a lot of how students can still perform tasks that other students with all capabilities can. I loved the computer programs that was shown to us, the speed at which people can hear and understand that recording amazed me!
I think that it is very important for me as an educator to know exactly where and how to operate these important devices such as the computer for the blind. Most of all I think it is very very important to be informed on how to best serve all of your students. Teaching is a service and if we are not aware how to meet every students needs we will be doing them a great disservice.

1 comment:

G.Tashbin said...

Great comments and Mr. Sullivan not only made us aware of students with disabilities but that these students just want the opportunity to learn like everyone else and there are tools out there to assist them.